Funded via a grant from The Prince’s Countryside Fund, we have a 10 meter by 10 metre stretch tent for community use. The funding allowed us to purchase the tent , to use the tent specifically for supporting community groups and local business in the Dunadd area during recovery from COVID lockdown.
Stretch Tent Project Aims
To provide a sheltered space for Constituted Community Groups to meet if regulations on meeting allow.
To create a selling area/market for local artisan business to sell their products.
Initially (1st year) the tent will be placed on Kilmartin Green, however over the next years it will be usable in other sites in Dunadd, and to a wider group.
Process for Community Bookings
- Tent must be booked in advance, through the booking system and needs to be confirmed through, Dunadd Community Enterprise. Booking Form Link
- Groups will need to supply their own public liability insurance.
- Table and chairs are not supplied, and any equipment used by the group needs to be removed from the tent and village green immediately after use.
- Litter needs to be removed from the site and not left in the public waste bin.
- Any damage or wear must be reported to Dunadd Community Enterprise, and cost of damage will be met by the group.
The Kilmartin Hotel alcohol licence does not cover the village green, so no drinks can be bought at the hotel and taken into the stretch tent.
No alcohol or smoking are allowed in the tent.
No bookings or activities after 9.00 pm.
Tent usage is free but if you would like to make a donation to DCE we would use any donations to help fund other Dunadd based projects.
If you are interested in having a stall on a market day please make contact with us.